Blueberry Breakfast Sausage Burger By Kevin Kolman, Weber Grill Master
Breakfast Sausage never tasted so good!
Prep. time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10
Source: Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association
|2 pounds breakfast sausage|
|1 cup blueberries|
|2 oz. maple syrup|
|1 tablespoon black pepper|
|cup maple syrup|
|4 Asiago (Bacon) bagels|
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat Author: Kevin Kolman, Weber Grill Master
(400° to 500° F).
2. Take ground pork and combine blueberries and 2 oz. maple syrup. Gently combine the patty ingredients. Form four patties of equal size, each about ½ pound. Don’t compact the pork too much because the blueberries can break and the patties will not be a good consistency. Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1-inch wide in the center of each patty. This will help the patties cook evenly and prevent them from puffing up on the grill.
3. After the grill is preheated, grill the breakfast sausage burgers over direct medium-high heat (400° to 500° F), with the lid closed, for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the burgers, close the lid, and continue grilling until cooked to medium doneness, 4 to 5 minutes more.
4. With a minute left to go place your bagel on the grill for a minute to toast. Remove from the grill and let the burgers rest for 3-4 minutes. Serve warm.
5. Place the patty on the bagel and drizzle the maple syrup.
Source: Kevin Kolman, Weber Grill Master and Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association (HPBA)